Picture this, anytime you use your computer, you get a bunch of pesky pop-up ads that won’t go away. You decide to run Malwarebytes to remove the junk on your computer. However, Malwarebytes was unable to fix the pop-ups. This is called Adware. Adware can sometimes get passed your computer’s antivirus, or malware removal tools. This is where AdwCleaner comes in handy.
AdwCleaner is a simple, portable application that requires no installation. It’s a free tool used specifically to target that pesky adware that slipped by your antivirus.
How to use AdwCleaner:
Download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
3. Once open, click on the scan button.
4. When the scan is finished running, click on the clean button.
5. Your desktop icons may temporarily disappear while this cleans your system, this is normal, do not worry.
6. Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
7. Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart your computer and complete the removal process.
8. After your system restarts, a text file will open with a log of what was removed. Feel free to read through it or close it.
9. Open up AdwCleaner.exe once more, and click on the Uninstall button to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
Notes: If you have any issues, please contact us here.